Alumni News Round-Up: Week of June 17, 2017
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of June 17, 2017:
- Read about Esther Erb Atkins’ (’04) unusual trip to the starting line and from the finish line of the NYRR Queens 10K.
- Mike & Sarah Moore (’03) are opened the brick-and-mortar Mean Bird this Friday in the Fan. It was great to see so many other alumni at the grand opening!
- Emory University political science professor Andra Gillespie (’95) appeared on PBS NewsHour to discuss Tuesday’s election in Georgia’s 6th District.
- Nathan Conway (’06) is one of the co-owners of Brenner Pass, which opened this week in Scott’s Addition. Nathan is also part of the team that owns Metzger Bar & Butchery in Church Hill.
- Tommy Nicholas (’07) is the CEO of Alloy, one of eight startups selected for this year’s New York FinTech Innovation Lab.
- For a look at our newest alumni, check out this video of graduation from Todd Raviotta, featuring audio from Kyle Healy (’03)’s speech and an original song by Mairead Guy (’17).
- ICYMI: We wrote about Kyle Healy (’03)’s fantastic commencement speech.
- ICYMI: We profiled young alumna Bre’Anna Vinson (’15), who currently studies at Spelman College in Atlanta, GA.