Alumni News Round-Up: Week of August 26, 2017
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of August 26, 2017:
- Tickets are available for Reunions Weekend for the classes of 1997, 2002, 2007, & 2012.
- Tommy Nicholas (’07) has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the voting access non-profit Spread the Vote.
- The Belfast News Letter spoke with Cheta Emba (’11) and other members of the US Women’s Rugby World Cup team during the reception held for them at Belfast City Hall by Lord Mayor Nuala McAllister.
- Stacy Lee (’02) of Harrell & Chambliss and Faith Alejandro (’01) of Sands Anderson have both been selected as members of Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s 2017 class of “Up & Coming Lawyers.” This awards program recognizes lawyers across Virginia who are making their mark within their first 10 years of practice.
- Courtney Jamison (’11) is playing Juliet in Elm Shakespeare’s summer production of “Romeo and Juliet.” The New Haven Register praises the energy of her performance as “nine volts squeezed into a double-A battery.”
- Betty-Shannon Prevatt (’95) appeared on WUNC’s “The State of Things” to discuss her research on postpartum mental health. She was the lead author of a recent study on the subject and is currently pursuing her doctorate while also continuing her work as a practicing psychologist.
- Lucy Dacus (’13) is playing The National next Friday, September 8.
- Actress Lana Condor talked to NBC News about starring in the film adaptation of Jenny Han (’98)‘s TO ALL THE BOYS I’VE LOVED BEFORE.
- Chairlift, from Metzger and Brenner Pass co-owner Nathan Conway (’06), is open in Scott’s Addition.