Alumni News Round-Up: Week of September 30, 2017
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of September 30, 2017:
- Reunions Weekend 2017 was a great success! Many members of the classes of 1997, 2002, 2007, & 2012 joined us for events that included MLWGS Fall Festival, pizza at Bottoms Up, pies & pints at Triple Crossing Brewery, and a beautiful evening at The Valentine in downtown Richmond. Special thanks to Rashelle Hayes (’97) and her committee along with Aliza Sterling (’02), John Piersol (’02), Jeremy Weiner (’02), Kathleen Kostandin (’07), Sarah Burgess (’07), Ross Anderson (’12), and Caroline Creasey (’12) for heading up the planning efforts. We have the best alumni in the world!
- Journalist Jackie Kruszewski (’02) wrote about the ESL teacher shortage in the Richmond region for Richmond Magazine.
- Virginia Chambers (’16) is featured was this article about student-led voter registration drives at UVA.
- Ubongo CEO Nisha Ligon (’04) was featured on this week’s episode of the BBC Podcast “Click,” talking about about how she and Ubongo create and distribute fun, educational digital materials to kids across Africa.
- Allison Muth (’02), a senior associate in Alston & Bird’s Investment Management, Trading and Markets Practice, has been recognized by Private Funds Management (PFM) as one of the world’s top private equity fund formation attorneys of her generation.
- ICYMI: We profiled Alex Chiou (’07).
- ICYMI: We profiled Courtney Jamison (’11).