Alumni News Round-Up: Week of December 16, 2017:
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of December 16, 2017:
- Ashley Hawkins (’03) is one of Richmond Magazine’s “Change Makers,” people striving to make the city a better place to live, work and play.
- Fizzah Shaikh (’16) is a member of the team of Northeastern University students selected as finalists for the 2018 NASA RASC-AL Mars Ice Challenge, in which groups are competing to build the best robotic water-extraction device. You can read our profile of Fizzah here.
- Zagat named Richmond one of the most exciting food cities in America in 2017 and specifically praised Metzger Bar & Butchery. Metzger’s beautiful space in Church Hill was renovated by Daniil Kleyman (’98) and the restaurant is co-owned by Nathan Conway (’06) along with Brenner Pass, also noted by Zagat.
- The annual alumni holiday party is set for 12/26 from 2 – 4 PM at East Coast Provisions. All alumni of any graduation year are welcome, and the Foundation will provide drink tickets for the first 100 guests.
- Track/XC alumni! Coach & Mrs. Coach are hosting their annual open house on Friday, December 29th from 7 – 10 pm at their home (1541 Westshire Ln). RSVP to jimholdren at aol dot com and/or barbh1193 at aol dot com by 12/27 at the latest. As always, Coach asks that you please extend this invitation to any and all TJ/TJGS/JHW/MLWGS track and XC alumni you are in touch with.
- ICYMI: We profiled Eliza Goodpasture (’14).