Alumni News Round-Up: Week of January 13, 2018
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of January 13, 2018:
- Lucy Dacus (’13) released the second single from her upcoming album, HISTORIAN, along with a music video she directed that features MLWGS! Watch it here.
- Our next NYC alumni happy hour is set for January 31, 2018 at Amity Hall (80 W 3rd St, New York, New York 10012). Thank you to Vinay Jain (’98) for planning and hosting this event!
- Tommy Nicholas (’07) organized the Rare Digital Arts Festival, which took place in New York City last week.
- Aliza Sterling (’02) has opened True North Yoga & Wellness in Northside Richmond.
- Marguerite Bennett (’06) is one of the authors of DC Comics’ BATWOMAN, which has been nominated for a 2017 GLAAD Award in the Outstanding Comic Book category.
- Neil Amin (’96) has put 181 acres of land along the James River into a conservation easement held by the Capital Region Land Conservancy, a nonprofit land preservation group. Putting the property under a conservation easement allows for it to be maintained as open space for public uses and helps protect the James River.
- ICYMI: We profiled Mo Alavi (’98).