Alumni News Round-Up: Week of January 6, 2018
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of January 6, 2018:
- “Night Shift” by Lucy Dacus (’13) is on the first mix of the year from All Songs Considered. Her album HISTORIAN is due out March 2 from Matador Records.
- Three Richmond-area alumni-owned restaurants are nominated for 2018 Elby Awards. Mean Bird, owned by Mike Moore (’03) & Sarah Moore (’03), is up for the award in the Grab-and-go Food category. Metzger Bar & Butchery is up for Restaurant of the Year. Brenner Pass is nominated for Best New Restaurant and Beverage Program of the Year. Both Metzger and Brenner Pass are co-owned by Nathan Conway (’06).
- GRAY SKIES, DARK WATERS, a video game created by Elizabeth Ballou (’12), Gwyneth Sholar (’15), Thomas Cunningham (’01), Andy Barron (’11), and Riley Panko (’12), received an outstanding review in VICE.
- WCVE followed history teacher Brittany Jones (’07) as she guided her students through several discussions about and a field trip to Monument Avenue.
- ICYMI: We profiled Rachel (Savoy) Caldwell (’06).
- ICYMI: We profiled Randolph Ashton (’99).
- ICYMI: We profiled Erin Ortiz (’06).