Alumni News Round-Up: Week of February 24, 2018
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of February 24, 2018:
- MY ENTIRE HIGH SCHOOL SINKING INTO THE SEA, animated by Jane Samborski (’02), is now available on Netflix.
- Smithsonian beer historian Theresa McCulla (’00) talks about the history of the growler.
- Maryam Patton (’10) co-hosts this episode of the Ottoman History Podcast entitled “The Republic of Arabic Letters.” You can read our profile of Maryam here.
- Kent Rollins (’14) is the CEO and co-founder of Candid Campus Tours, which took home 1st Place at the Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Week. The team will represent William and Mary at Tom Tom Founders Festival in Charlottesville in April.
- Alloy, founded by Tommy Nicholas(’07), Charles Hearn (’09), and Scott Clark (’09), is parterning with Aspiration, a new digital bank with a social mission, to automate customer onboarding and reduce fraud.
- The Duke Chronicle profiled Jillian Johnson (’99), who currently serves as mayor pro tempore of Durham, NC.