Alumni News Round-Up: Week of April 7, 2018
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of April 7, 2018:
- Wilton Wu (’15) is helping to lead a new online course called data 8x, based on UC Berkeley’s fastest growing course, Data 8, Foundations of Data Science. The course launched earlier this week and is free for anyone to enroll.
- The Richmond Free Press profiled Taylor Hill (’18), an outstanding sprinter and captain of the girls track team. This June, she will attempt to lead her teammates to victory again, which would make MLWGS the only school ever to “four-peat,” meaning winning four consecutive state titles in cross country, indoor, and outdoor.
- Esther Erb Atkins (’04) talks to Runner’s World about food and racing as she gears up to knock down her marathon PR of 2:33:15 this coming fall.
- Chemistry Ph.D. student Betsy Melenbrink (’07) works as part of a U.S.-African graduate student team designing and building an inexpensive, eco-friendly electrochemistry teaching module.
- Tommy Nicholas (’07) recently won the 2018 KNOW Identity Award in the category of Rising Innovator. The KNOW Identity Awards recognize the most compelling startups, individuals and identity innovations of the year.