Alumni News Round-Up: Week of October 19, 2019
Here’s our round-up of alumni news from the week of October 19, 2019:
- Thanks to Dr. Sam Zhao (’04) for doing our first alumni Instagram takeover! Sam is an assistant professor of pediatrics and emergency medicine and walked us through a day in his life on Monday, October 21.
- The RTD wrote about SLAVE CRY, the short film from writer and director Jai Jamison (’03) starring Courtney Jamison (’11). SLAVE CRY is showing at the Virginia Film Festival this Saturday.
- Aurora “Austyn” Higgs (’09) is one of two MLWGS grads to make Style Weekly’s 2019 Top 40 Under 40 list. Among many other things, Aurora is an activist and advocate for the LGBTQ community. “The farther we come, the more I see the gaps in what could be. I just want to fill those gaps.”
- Alex Guzmán (’07) is one of two MLWGS grads to make Style Weekly’s 2019 Top 40 Under 40 list. Alex currently works as Director of Fair Housing at HOME of Virginia. “Going forward our vision is really toward the new challenges, now that housing discrimination doesn’t look the same as it did in the ’60s and ’70s.”
- British Vogue featured Molly Virginia Made, from Molly Campbell (’05), in their November issue.