Here is where you’ll find job openings and networking opportunities shared by alumni, alumni parents, current parents, and friends. To submit an item, please email email@example.com and please do the same to be put in touch with the alumni listed.
- Arborist Chris Fields-Johnson (’99) passed along a recommendation for Camp Woods & Wildlife, open kids living in Virginia ages 13-16 and run by the Virginia Department of Forestry. Campers are selected from nominations made by teachers, forestry and wildlife professionals, Soil and Water Conservation Districts, 4-H and Scout Leaders, and partner sponsoring organizations. All students selected to attend Camp are awarded a $200 scholarship towards the cost of attending Camp such as food, facilities, and activity materials. Campers pay a $85 registration fee to confirm their attendance and acceptance of the scholarship. More information here.
- From Sarah Bella Alderson (’06), Creative Director Eclipse Worldwide, an entertainment marketing agency. “My favorite part of my job is making design and product suggestions for prop masters and set decorators on (mostly) major modern scripted television shows and films. The other part of my job is actually finding products to provide the show or movie. Right now I’m working on some really great productions: Westworld, CW’s Batwoman Pilot, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, Legion, Altered Carbon, Younger, Grace & Frankie, Veronica Mars Reboot, and a few others. I’m in search of new products to fit requests for these projects in the coming weeks, so I’m looking to connect with others in the marketing department of companies with unique merchandise. We are the entertainment industry’s go-to for high-tech product placement, but we’re also looking for board/video/computer games and other toys, wellness products, baby stuff, sports equipment, cameras, musical instruments, appliances, electronics, desktop hardware, phones, drones, headphones, unique-looking or smart furniture, smart home devices, and more.” Contact Sarah at (323) 203-0033 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MLWGS posted a job opening for a German teacher.
- MLWGS posted a job opening for a physics teacher.
- Dan Myers (’00) is the managing director of Lighthouse Labs, the Richmond-based business accelerator that is now accepting applications for its summer 2019 cohort, which will focus on startups founded by recent graduates of colleges and universities in Virginia.
- Alloy, a fintech company based in NYC and founded by Tommy Nicholas ’07, Scott Clark ’09, and Charles Hearn ’09, is hiring a Customer Success Engineer, a Sales Engineer, and a Devops Engineer. All listings here.
- Kristina Page ’96 has an opening at Nimbus Massage for a Licensed Massage Therapist. We are also seeking to expand our complementary and integrative offerings for pain management and would like to add other providers to our team. You can email Kristina directly at email@example.com.
- Rachel Galton ’13 shared that the Volpe Center has opened its 2019 Pathways Internship Program. Anyone interested in contacting Rachel directly should email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will gladly put you in touch.
- Dynamic Imaging Associates, co-founded by Ami Sethi ’95, is a dedicated teleradiology company actively recruiting new radiologists for a variety of positions.
- Join the LinkedIn group for alumni in the startup, tech, and VC worlds interested in collaborating, meeting up, and helping bring new ideas to life.
Last updated 2/13/19.